Wee Buns Cookery School- Roasted Chicken with Potatoes, & Turmeric
This is best marinated for a few hours or overnight but is still delicious if just cooked immediately. A firm family favourite in our house.
For more recipes from Wee Buns Cookery School, click here
Preparation Time (mins) 10-15
Cooking Time (mins) 60
- 4 chicken drumsticks and thighs (skin on or off )
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika (or use ½ hot paprika)
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 500g waxy potatoes (Charlotte or Vivaldi)
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Heat oven to 200C / 180C fan
- Dry the chicken joints, and place in a bowl, add the spices, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and pepper and mix in well and leave to marinade for a few hours or overnight.
- Season with salt just before cooking.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven and heat a large roasting tray.
- Large enough to hold the chicken and vegetables in a single layer – if need be, cook the potatoes on a separate tray. If they're not in a single layer they will not roast well.
- When the tray is really hot, remove it and add the chicken pieces, making sure they are coated in some oil. They should sizzle as they touch the tray.
- Put back in the oven immediately and prepare the potatoes. Peel, wash and dry and then cut into bite sized chunks. When the potatoes are ready add these to the roasting tray and put it back in the oven.
- Then continue cooking for 30 minutes or so turning now and again until the chicken and potatoes are golden and cooked through.
- Serve simply with some braised spinach or with a green salad dressed with good olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.