How To Make the Best Pancakes
How To Make the Best Pancakes with Wee Buns Bakery
Preparation Time (mins) 35
Cooking Time (mins) -
Servings Makes 10 – 12
- 7oz plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs medium or large
- ¾ pint milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter plus extra for cooking
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the salt and make a well in the centre.
- Add the egg and most of the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk gradually & whisk until well mixed.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes. Then add the melted butter.
- If it seems too thick you can add a little more milk. It should have the consistency of double cream.
- To cook the pancakes, heat a non-stick frying pan, about 20cm wide over a medium heat until hot. Swirl in a little butter and tip out any excess or use butter paper to grease the pan (you don’t want any excess fat).
- Then add a small ladle of the batter, just enough to coat the base of the pan.
- Swirl it quickly until it covers the base. Cook until lightly coloured underneath then flip over with a palette knife and cook for a few more minutes until nicely coloured on both sides.
- You can keep the pancakes in a warm oven layered up on a plate until ready to serve.