The Sexton Bury The Hatchet
In honour of Irish Whiskey Day on Wednesday 3rd March, which celebrates all things “three” in the world of Irish Whiskey, we’ve rounded up delicious cocktail recipes that you can make from the comfort of your own home to mark the occasion.
The third day of the third month marks an important date in every true whiskey fan’s calendar. Traditionally, it’s a celebration of “three” – three types of Irish whiskey (single malt, single grain and single pot still), the signature triple distillation process and a distillation period of at least three years.
This refreshing Bury the Hatchet cocktail oozes bold flavour that you won’t forget. The lemon juice enhances the complex citrus notes of The Sexton Single Malt, while the hint of sugar complements the smooth honey finish of the spirit.
The Sexton is available to purchase in Supervalu, Centra, Wineflair and select independent retailers and off-licenses.
- 50ml The Sexton Single Malt
- 25ml lemon juice
- 12.5ml Gomme (sugar syrup)
- Soda water
- 15ml Pedro Ximenez
- Lemon twist to garnish
- Ice (cubed)
- Pour 50ml The Sexton Single Malt into a tall glass over cubed ice.
- Add 25ml lemon juice and 12.5ml Gomme (sugar syrup).
- Top with soda water and a Pedro Xiemenex float.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon.