Spiced Cabbage Terrine
Fancy cooking up some restaurant quality food at home this Veganuary?
Check out this spiced cabbage terrine recipe thanks to our friends at Killeavy Castle Estate.
Preparation Time (mins) 30-40
Cooking Time (mins)
- 1 head of savoy cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 1.25kg rooster potato
- 1tsp ras el hanout
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 25g toasted pumpkin seeds
- 25g toasted sunflower seeds
- Olive oil 150ml
- 3 red peppers (roasted and skin off)
- 5 ripe tomatoes (seeds removed)
- 50 grams tomato puree
- 80 grams roasted flaked almonds
- 35 grams chives
- 25 grams chervil
- 35 grams apple cider vinegar
- 380 grams olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 100grams tapioca pearls
- 600grams cold water
- First grab the savoy cabbage and push a sharp knife through the centre of it leaving it whole and place it in a pot of boiling salted water for 8 to 12 mins or until it has a small bite to it. Remove and cool down in cold water. Break off the large outer leaves and remove the centre stalk that runs up the middle of the leaf. When you get to the heart of the cabbage, cut it in half and julienne, leave to one side.
- Line a 2lb bread tin with cling film then layer the cabbage leaves along it covering the bottom and sides and leaving enough to cover the top, then season.
- Grate the potato (do not put in water) and the carrot. Sweat off in the olive oil in a pot with the spices for 15mins on a medium heat with a lid, stirring occasionally, when it has a little bite left remove from the heat and add the seeds and julienne cabbage, check seasoning, allow to cool.
- Place the mix in the bread tin and fold the cabbage leaves over and press to seal the terrine.
- Remove from the tin and slice into 1-inch slices, placing each slice on a piece of greaseproof paper. Place the terrine in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 8 mins.
Romesco Sauce Instructions
- Place all in a blender and warm up as needed.
Tapioca Crisp Instructions
- On a low heat, cook out the tapioca pearls for 5 to 7 mins or until the mixture is sticky.
- Spread the mixture out on parchment paper and cook it in the oven at 70 degrees for 4 to 5 hours or until the mixture becomes dry and crispy (allow to cool completely), break into shards and deep fry at 220 degrees for 5 to 10 seconds. The crisp will increase by 4 to 5 times its size, dust with a vegetable powder of your choice
4th InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Place your warm romesco sauce in the bottom of a bowl. Place your terrine on top, garnish with fresh seasonal herbs and place your tapioca crisp on top