Quick and Easy Scones
Preparation Time N/A
Cooking Time 10 mins
- 500g Mortons Self Raising + pinch salt
- 175 ml milk or buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 100g granulated sugar
- 3 tablesp granulated sugar
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Oven preheated to 220C, 425 F or Gas 8.
- Mix together oil, milk, sugar and egg in a jug. Add to the flour and salt. Pour wet ingredients onto dry and quickly mix to soft dough.
- Turn onto surface coated sugar and pat out thick 2cm. Turn dough over to coat both sides. Cut with cutter or sharp knife. Makes about 10 large scones.
- Place close together on baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake 10 mins.