Roast Carrots, Hummus, Sundried Tomato & Chermoula
Try this delicious vegan dish made by our friends at Buba.
Preparation Time 20-25 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- 200g cooked chickpeas (water reserved)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half onion - diced
- Half teaspoon cumin
- Half teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 60g coriander
- 60g flatleaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 75mls olive oil
- Salt to season
- 10 sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup of chickpeas - drained
- Olive oil
- 4 large carrots - cut in half down the middle
- Place the chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a blender.
- Pulse until mixture begins to form a paste, at this stage add a little of the chickpea water at a time until a thick smooth hummus is achieved.
The Chermoula Instructions
- Place all the dry ingredients into a blender and pulse.
- Once mixture begins to break down add the white wine vinegar followed by the oil.
- Once all the oil has been added allow to pulse until a pesto-like dressing is achieved.
- Season to taste and set aside
The Carrots InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Cook the carrots in a medium hot pan with a generous amount of olive oil, colour well until caramelised and begins to soften.
- Place in a medium hot oven and continue to cook until soft.
- Spread a generous amount of the hummus over the centre of a warmed plate.
- Warm the chickpeas, sundried tomatoes and a couple of tablespoons of the chermoula in the carrots pan until just warm.
- Place the carrots on top of the hummus before spooning over the tomatoes, chickpeas and chermoula.