Oat Tartlets with whiskey candied raspberry, nutmeg custard cream
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
- 75g oats
- 50g plain flour
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 egg yolk
Whiskey Candied Raspberry
- 100g castor sugar
- 75ml water
- 50ml Irish Whiskey
- 250g raspberries
Nutmeg Custard Cream
- 250ml whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 egg yolks
- 10g plain flour
- 10g cornflour
- 200ml whipped double cream
- Place the oats, flour and butter in a bowl and rub the butter until fully incorporated. Add the honey, egg yolk and sugar and mix to a dough.
- Butter a 12 hole tart tin and set oven to 180c.
- Roll out a ball of the mixture, flatten it ( use damp hands for this) and press into the tin. Repeat with remaining mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp. Cool slightly and pop out of the tin with a knife.
Whiskey Candied Raspberry Instructions
- Cook the sugar to a caramel in a frying pan and add the water. Cook to a syrup and add the whiskey. When thick and syrupy pour over the raspberries. Cool.
Nutmeg Custard Cream Instructions
- Scald the milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Whisk the yolks with the flour and cornflour.
- Pour over the hot milk mixture and whisk. Return to the pan and stir until thick. Pour into a clean bowl and place cling on the surface. Chill.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble –
- Pipe the nutmeg cream into the oat tartlet cases and top with the raspberries.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes