Linen Hill- Beetroot Risotto
Preparation Time 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 1.2 ltr hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml white wine
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 g cooked beetroot grated
- 7.5 g fresh thyme leaves washed
- 250 g arborio risotto rice
- 100 g goats' cheese
- Pea shoots for garnish
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Put the stock in a small saucepan over a low heat to keep it hot. In a large saucepan, heat the oil, then add the onion, garlic, white wine and fry for 5 minutes. Stir in half of the grated beetroot, along with the risotto rice.
- Cook over a low to medium heat for a further 2 minutes, then start adding the hot stock, a ladleful at a time, making sure the liquid is absorbed before adding more – this will take about 20-25 minutes. Test a few grains of rice – it should be firm, but cooked through.
- Blend the remaining beetroot until you have a smooth purée, then stir into the risotto with the last ladleful of stock, cooking until the liquid is almost all absorbed and the risotto is a creamy consistency.
- Stir in half the goats cheese until it melts into the risotto, u can shape the goats cheese & breadcrumb it too garnish, top with pea shoots & serve