Grilled, whiskey glazed lamb salad with pickled and roast carrot, grilled spring onion and granola
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Servings 4 portions
- 1 trimmed loin of lamb
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Few sprigs thyme
- 50ml Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon honey
Pickled and Roast Carrot
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- Few sprigs thyme
- 25ml cider vinegar
- 25ml water
- 25g castor sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grilled Spring Onions
- Grilled Spring onions
- 6 spring onions, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 20ml rapeseed oil
- ¼ teaspoon seasalt
- ½ Cavanagh egg white
- 35g oats
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds
- Handful finely chopped parsley
- Brush the lamb with oil and season all over with the salt.
- Place on a hot griddle pan with the thyme. Cook for 3 minutes each side. Allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes. Whisk the whiskey and honey together. Crank the heat on the lamb again and add the whiskey and honey. Cook for a minute to glaze. Slice into 12 pieces
Pickled and Roast Carrot Instructions
- Scrub 2 of the carrots, cut in half lengthwise and place on parchment paper.
- Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and add the thyme.
- Gather into a parcel and bake in a 180oc oven for 30 minutes or until soft. Cut into 3cm slices.
- Peel the remaining 2 carrots into ribbons.
- Boil the vinegar, water and sugar until the sugar dissolves and season with salt and pepper. Add to the ribbons and leave for 30 minutes.
Grilled Spring Onions Instructions
- Brush the spring onions with the oil, season and place on a hot ridged grill pan and cook for 1 minute each side to wilt.
- Place the onions on a sheet of parchment paper and brush with a teaspoon of oil. Season with half the salt and place in a 180oc oven for 20 minutes to crisp up. Allow to cool. Finely chop.
- Whisk the egg white with a fork and fold in the oats, seeds and remaining salt. Scatter over a sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in a 180C oven for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Add the onions and parsley.
- To assemble - arrange the pickled carrot over a platter and scatter over the cooked carrot. Arrange the lamb over the top and scatter over the spring onions. Scatter over the granola and serve.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes