Grilled Mackerel with Burren Balsamics Beetroot and Cacao Nib Caramel Dressing, Radicchio and Abernethy Dulse Buttered Radish
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 portions
- 8 medium fillets of mackerel
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 25g castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 50ml Beetroot and cacao nib vinegar
- 75ml rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Abernethy Dulse Buttered Radish
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 50g Abernethy dulse butter
- 200g radishes, halved
- Heat a ridged grill pan until hot.
- Brush the mackerel skin with the oil and season with seasalt.
- Place fish skin side down into the pan and cook for 1 minute each side.
- Cook the sugar and water to a caramel in a small pan.
- Add the vinegar and remove from heat when sugar has dissolved again.
- Whisk in the oil and season.
Abernethy Dulse Buttered Radish InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Cook the shallot in the oil until golden and add the butter. When melted add the radishes, season with salt and pepper and cook gently for 3 minutes.
- To assemble - 1 radicchio lettuce, fennel fronds to garnish
- Cut the lettuce in half, remove core and shred finely. Arrange over a platter. Place makerel on top and scatter the redishes around. Spoon over the dressing and garnish with fennel fronds.