Candied apple and hazelnut frangipane tart
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Servings 8 portions
- 150g plain flour
- 75g butter
- 50g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 eating apples
- 100g castor sugar
- 100ml water
- Splash of calvados or brandy ( optional)
- 125g soft butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 60g plain flour
- Rub the flour and butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Mix in the sugar and bind with the egg.
- Wrap in cling and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out and line a tart tin with the pastry. Line with parchment paper and baking beans.
- Bake in a 180c oven for 15 minutes, remove paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes.
Candied Apples Instructions
- Peel, core and chop apples.
- Cook the sugar to a caramel in a frying pan and then add the water and calvados. Cook to a thick syrup and add the apples. Cook until just soft.
Hazelnut Frangipane Instructions
- Beat the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and then mix in the hazelnuts and flour.
- Set oven to 160oc.
- Spoon half the frangipane into the pastry case and smooth over. Top with the apples ( fold the excess juice into whipped cream to serve)
- Spoon over the remaining frangipane.
- Quarter, core and finely slice an apple and poke into the frangipane.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until firm and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes