Burren Balsamics’ Mourne Fishbox Sesame & Panko Salmon & Cod Fishcake with Wild Garlic Risotto
Wild garlic is all over the place at the moment. Susie and Bob have infused it into their Balsamic vinegar and used it as the inspiration for this yummy dish.
Preparation Time 15
Cooking Time 30
- 150g Salmon (we used tail)
- 150g Cod
- 150g Mashed Potato
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- 200ml Milk
- 20g Butter
- Sea Salt and freshly milled Pepper
- Plain Flour
- Beaten Egg
- Mix of Panko & Sesame Seeds
- 125g Arborio Rice
- 30g Shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 15g Wild Garlic chopped
- 20g Butter
- 15ml Wild Garlic Balsamic
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 25g Parmesan freshly grated
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Poach the fish in the milk and butter for approx 5 minutes and allow to cool in the poaching liquid.
- When cool remove from the liquid and flake into a large bowl.
- Mix in the chopped parsley and then fold through the mashed potato, season generously.
- Divide evenly into 4 then roll neatly and place on a plate in the fridge to chill.
- Pass the cakes through seasoned flour, beaten egg and then the crumb mixture.
- Shape into neat balls and chill until required.
- To make the risotto melt the half of the butter and add the shallot.
- Cook gently until softened then add the rice and stir well to coat the grains.
- Add the vinegar and cook until well reduced.
- Gradually add the stock until all is used then stir in the wild garlic and the Parmesan.
- Add a little freshly ground pepper and the remaining butter.
- Deep fry fish cakes until golden and crispy, drain onto kitchen paper.
- Serve with the risotto and a lemon wedge