Baked polenta with black garlic, Ispini lomo, grilled mushrooms and goat’s cheese, Burren balsamics truffle vinegar dressing
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 portions
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 300g polenta
- 2 cloves black garlic, crushed
- 75g grated Sperrin cheddar
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced in 3
- 25ml rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 25g Abernethy black garlic butter
- 6 slices Ispini Lomo
- 150g soft goat cheese
Burren Balsamics Truffle vinegar dressing
- 25ml Burren balsamics truffle vinegar
- Juice half a lemon
- 75ml rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the polenta to a simmer and whisk in the polenta and garlic. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cheese, mix well and check the seasoning. Pour into a greased tray and allow to cool.
Goat's Cheese Instructions
- Toss the chestnuts in oil, season with salt and cook on a hot griddle pan for 30 seconds each side. Place in a bowl and mix in the thyme. Cook the shallots in the butter for 2 minutes and add to the mushrooms. Shred the lomo and mix in.
- Cut the Polenta into 8 squares and place on a lightly oiled roasting tray. Spoon on the mushroom mixture. Dot the cheese on top.
- Bake in 200oc for 15 minutes.
Burren Balsamics Truffle vinegar dressing Instructions
- Whisk together.
- Spoon over the baked polenta.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes