Baked eggs with Biltong, leeks and cheddar, Rousel bread
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 starter / brunch portions
- 25g butter
- 200g chopped, washed leeks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 75 finely chopped Biltong
- 6 Cavanagh eggs
- 75g grated Sperrin Cheddar
Rousel – Potato bread with oats
- 500g mashed floury potatoes
- 75g oats
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil for cooking
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the leeks and onion. Season with salt and pepper and for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Spoon into 6 buttered ramekins.
- Crack an egg into the middle and sprinkle the cheese over the top of each.
- Bake in a 180oc oven for about 8 minutes or until white has set and yolk is wobbly.
Rousel – Potato bread with oats Instructions
- Mix the potatoes, oats, flour, sugar and salt together.
- Roll out to just less than a cm deep and cut into rectangles approximately 6 x 3 cm.
- Cook on a dry pan for about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat and cook the rousel for 30 seconds each side or until golden. Serve on the side of the baked eggs to dip.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes