Baked Eggs with Biltong, Leeks and Cheddar with Rousel Bread
Preparation Time (mins) 25 mins
Cooking Time (mins) 25 mins
- 25g butter
- 200g chopped, washed leeks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 75 finely chopped Biltong
- 6 Cavanagh eggs
- 75g grated Sperrin Cheddar
- 500g mashed floury potatoes
- 75g oats
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil for cooking
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the leeks and onion. Season with salt and pepper and for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Spoon into 6 buttered ramekins.
- Crack an egg into the middle and sprinkle the cheese over the top of each.
- Bake in a 180oc oven for about 8 minutes or until white has set and yolk is wobbly.
Rousel InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Mix the potatoes, oats, flour, sugar and salt together.
- Roll out to just less than a cm deep and cut into rectangles approximately 6 x 3 cm.
- Cook on a dry pan for about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat and cook the rousel for 30 seconds each side or until golden. Serve on the side of the baked eggs to dip.