This summer, from 21st to 22nd August, discover over 30 high quality local producers and food vendors with a wide range of local produce, including honey! All in the beautiful and historic surroundings of Hillsborough Castle and Gardens for a day of guided walks, demonstrations, family activities and live music.
Expert demonstrations and guided walks
- Discover more about bees, honey, bee-friendly plants and food. Located in the stretch tent on the West Lawn, beekeeping expert Gwen Earnshaw will share fascinating insight into looking after our very own Hillsborough hives and bees!
- Both the Dromore and Killinchy Beekeepers Associations will be answering all bee related questions, including how to get started in keeping bees and showcasing sample produce.
- Our expert Hillsborough Castle Gardens team will take short guided walks around the Walled garden with lots of tips on how to make your garden bee friendly! Talks last approximately 30 minutes and take place every hour
- Dermot Hugues from Forage Ireland will lead a group of up to 20 round the gardens, identifying edible plants, and what they can be used for. Walks last approximately 2 hours and take place twice a day
Waggle Dance with Leonie Pony. Fun activity for all the family, learn a few simple dance moves with Leonie Pony and Waggle Dance like a Bee!
Live music Saturday
ARCO String Quartet – playing classical favourites, easy listening gems, jazz classics and pop covers and arrangements.
Unholy Gospel Band – five piece band playing across the genres of folk, blues, soul and country music. Featuring songs by Mahalia Jackson, the Staple Singers, Jackie Wilson and much more.
Live Music Sunday
The 77’s – two piece, energetic arrangements of popular classics
Manukahunney Blue – four piece band led by Siobhan playing everything from James Brown and Sam Cooke to Joni Mitchell, Jill Scott and Roy Ayers.
Talks are all socially distanced. Households and bubbles will be seated in clearly marked and socially distanced seating squares within the talks/performance area.
Local producers and food vendors
The following local food producers and vendors selling their high quality produce:
- Irish Black Butter
- Noisy Snacks
- Crawfords Rock
- Ballylisk Dairies
- Cavanagh Eggs
- Buchas dog
- Morrow Foods
- Brownie Barn
- Olive Tree Bakes
- Papas Minerals
- Dundarave Estate
- Erin Grove Preserves
- Fluffy Meringues
- Mrs Smyth’s Preserves
- Ke NaKo Biltong
- Symphonia Spirits
- Armagh Cider Company
- North Down Beef Company
- Bara Bake House
Art and Non Food
- Gillian Boyd Art
- Lauren Fowler, wood worker
- Don’t forget the dog! Dog accessories