Date(s) - 11/01/2016 - 17/01/2016
Tesco NI is planning to continue to offer the opportunity of pop-up shops in Tesco foyers to artisan companies across NI. The next raft of Tesco foyer slots will be available from w/c 11th Jan – which seems very far away, but with 2016 designated as Northern Ireland’s Year of Food and Drink, activity slots in Tesco foyers are filling up quickly and we would like to ensure that you are all made aware of this opportunity to secure slots in Tesco foyers for pop-up shops asap.
It’s something Tesco has carried out before, and the participating artisans were delighted with it for reasons including the profile it gave them, sales, feedback on price points/packaging/flavour etc, and on the back of that…for those who are ready for it, to build a proposal to a Tesco buyer with a view to gaining a listing with Tesco in NI. It is a way that Tesco NI can support smaller food producers, who are already in production.
Here’s what’s involved:
- participants aren’t currently listed with Tesco
- participants propose a Tesco store(s) and date(s) on which they’d like to do a pop-up shop in our foyer(s)
- we recommend selecting Fridays or Saturdays – when artisan companies will reach the most Tesco customers
- participants set up a display in our foyer – they bring their own stock, branding/popups if they wish, and staff it themselves etc
- participants can sample, sell (money completely independent of Tesco systems) and conduct research on their products
- the booking window is now open until end of June 2016
- cold storage – Tesco should be able to help out with, in the back areas, if required
- participants who need to heat the product, please liaise directly with the contact below so this can worked out
- receipt of relevant paperwork to ensure participants are covered for this activity – insurance, food hygiene etc – is a condition of the booking
- there’s no fee
Tesco stores that this great opportunity is available in are:
- Bangor (Bloomfields Shopping Centre)
- Banbridge (at The Outlet Shopping Park)
- Castlereagh Road
- Springhill (Bangor)
It really is a brilliant opportunity to get yourself and your products in front of loads of potential customers.
So if you’d like to propose your company into this free scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org telling her a little about your company and your product(s), with paperwork, and proposing Tesco locations and dates, and she’ll get back to you.