This recipe was provided by James Street South, Belfast.
Preparation Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
- 1.8kg of mussels
- 1 knob butter unsalted
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 3 tablespoon double cream
- Fresh parsley
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Before cooking discard any mussels which do not close tight once given a tap on your work surface counter.
- Wash and debeard all the mussels.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over a high heat.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion and add and cook for one minute add in the wine and bring to the boil, add in the mussels and put lid on and cook for 4 minutes or until mussels are opened.
- Stir in the cream and dress with chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread especially for dipping into the delicious sauce. Discard any mussels that have not opened in the cooking process.