“Tostada con Cancrejo” Devilled Crab with Monkey Cheese Bread and Locally Foraged Wild Garlic
This will be demonstrated on Wednesday 10th May at Balmoral Show by Trudy Brolly from Ocho Tapas Bistro, Portrush. This demonstration will be within the NI Food Pavilion on the Taste the Greatness Kitchen.
Preparation Time 20
Cooking Time 50
Devilled Crab with Local Portstewart Bay Crab and Lacada Brewery "East the beast" Craft Ale
- 250g of white Crab meat, Picked through for broken shell
- 10g of unsalted butter
- 10g of plain flour
- 125 ml Lacada Brewery "East the Beast" Craft Ale
- 120g of Banagher bold grated
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco to taste
- Locally Foraged Wild Garlic
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Monkey cheese bread with Banagher Bold Dart mountain Cheese
- strong bread flour 500g, plus extra for dusting
- fast action yeast 7g sachet
- milk 50ml
- olive oil
- grated mozzarella and cheddar 200g
- jalapeños 3, finely chopped
- butter 100g, melted and cooled
- parmesan 100g, grated
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Mix in the flour with a spatula and cook very gently for 2 minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in half of the cider. Return the pan to the heat and whisk again until the mixture thickens
- Whilst still over the heat, pour in the remaining cider and continue to whisk. Once the sauce is smooth, whisk in the mustard and the Worcestershire sauce
- After about 10 minutes of gentle cooking, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese a little at a time
- Once the cheese is fully incorporated, transfer the sauce to a bowl and leave to cool
- Place the crab meat on a clean kitchen cloth and pull up the sides of the cloth to form a sack. Twist the sack over a sink to squeeze any excess water out of the crab meat
- 250g of white crab meat, picked through for broken shell
- Gently mix the drained crab meat into the cheese sauce
- Season with salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, coriander and lemon juice – make sure you keep trying the mix to make sure it is to your liking.
Monkey cheese bread with Banagher Bold Dart mountain Cheese Instructions
- Put the flour and yeast in a bowl with 2 tsp salt. Make a well in the centre and gradually mix in 250ml water, the milk and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Bring together into a dough then knead on a floured worksurface until smooth.
- Put into a clean bowl, cover with clingfilm, then leave for an hour in a warm place until risen.
- Tip out the dough and knead briefly on the work surface then divide into large walnut-sized pieces.
- Mix the cheese and chillies, then stuff a heaped spoonful into the dough, forming the dough into a ball around it so that it completely encloses the cheese.
- Brush a large tin with butter. Put the rest of the melted butter in a dish and the parmesan in another shallow dish.
- Roll each dough ball in the butter then the cheese, then drop into the tin until all the dough is used.
- Cover loosely with clingfilm and leave for another 45 minutes in a warm place.Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Bake the bread for 50 minutes. Turn the tin over onto a surface and give a tap to release it but leave in place for 5 minutes. Slice the Bread and Toast with the Devilled Crab Sauce grilling for 5 minutes. Serve with Wild Garlic Mayo
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes