Thompson’s Tea loaf with a blackthorn fudge topping
This Tea loaf was provided by Mollie Cunningham and will be demonstrated at Orangefest 2016.
- 450 grams mixed dried fruit
- 170 grams demerara sugar
- 1 tea cup of strong tea (Thompsons tea)
- 230 grams Self Raising flour (Andrews flour)
- 1 egg
- 55 grams walnuts
- rind of one orange
- Handful of Blackthorn fudge pieces
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Place dried fruit, demerara sugar and the mug of strong Thompson’s tea in a bowl and place it somewhere cool to soak all night.
- Grease and line 2lb loaf tins oven to 160 ℃
- (gas mark 3).
- Add the flour, egg and orange rind to the fruit mix and beat well.
- Place the mixture into the tins and level the top of the mixture.
- Scatter broken pieces of fudge over the mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.