Baking Bar – Chocolate Cupcakes
Recipe from Baking Bar using Neill’s Flour this recipe will be demonstrated at the Tesco Taste Festival, Custom House Square on 20th September.
Preparation Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- 75g Coco Powder
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 175g Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.25tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 40g Butter
- 0.25tsp Salt
- 450g of Icing Sugar
- 110g of Butter
- 0.5tsp Salt
- 3tbsp Milk
- 2tsp Vanilla
- 3tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time ensuring each is combined before adding the next.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sieve all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix alternating with the milk until all ingredients are combined well.
- Place the mixture into bun cases, it will seem quite thin but they cook perfect. 3/4 fill the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins.
- Now we need to make the frosting.
- Cream the softened butter in a bowl for approx 5 mins until light and creamy.
- In a separate dish mix the salt and the vanilla together.
- Mix the salt and vanilla mixture into the creamed butter.
- Now gradually add the icing sugar and cocoa powder a little at a time. You may want to use a wooden spoon to cream this icing sugar with the butter until it starts to combine or you will end up in a cloud of icing sugar if you use the electric mixer.
- The key here is to add it slowly. Making sure each addition is combined before adding the next. Continue until all the sugar is added.
- Now we can move back to using an electric mixer. Add the milk 1tbsp at a time and beat on a medium / high speed for around 10 mins or until the mixture is smooth. You can add more icing sugar or more milk to change the consistency slightly if you wish.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes