Thai Squash & Lentil Soup
This recipe is from Jane McClenaghan form Vital Nutrition for The Tesco Taste NI Festival
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Thai Squash and Lentil Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1dsp Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 dsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 sticks celery
- 75g red lentils
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 inch root ginger, peeled and grated
- (about 1 tsp)
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 lime – juice and zest
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Peel and quarter the butternut squash. Scoop out the seeds and cut into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy based pan with a lid and cook the onion until translucent.
- Stir in the curry paste before adding the butternut squash, celery and lentils. Stir well to coat the vegetables and lentils.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender and the squash has softened.
- Take off the heat. Stir in the coconut milk, ginger, coriander and lime juice and zest.
- Blitz in your blender until smooth and reheat if necessary.