This is a dish from jay Eisenstadt, The Stormont Hotel showcasing local food on the NITB Signature Kitchen in the Food NI Pavilion at The Balmoral Show 2014
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minuites max
- ¼ bag Quinoa
- 1 litre Water
- 2 teaspoon Veg Bouillion
- ¼ Red Cabbage(thinly sliced on meat slicer)
- 1 Cooked Beetroot-julienned
- 10-12 Fresh Black Olives
- ¼ Diced & Roasted Butternut Squash
- ¼ Diced Feta Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cooked Edamame Beans
- 4-5 Thinly Sliced Chestnut Mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Baby Cress to garnish
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Cook Quinoa in water & Veg Bouillon (double the water to the amount of Quinoa)
- Simmer for 20 minutes and remove from heat, spread on pan to cool.
- Mix cabbage and beetroot together.
- To assemble the salad-start with the quinoa, then cabbage/beetroot, then butternut squash, then feta, olives, edamame beans and mushrooms.
- Top with either 2 strips of salmon or 3 slices of smoked chicken, then garnish with sesame seeds ands baby cress.