Strangford Lough Mussels in Kilmegan cider & spring onion cream
This recipe was provided by Brunel’s Restaurant in Newcastle County Down.
Chef Tip – Always check your mussels are completely closed. Discard if any are open
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
- 400g mussels
- 200g Kilmegan dry cider
- pinch black pepper
- pinch lemon zest
- 150ml single cream
- 2 spring onions
- 2g flat leaf parsley
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Put all ingredients apart from the cream into your pan.
- Put onto a high heat with the lid on to steam.
- Once opened, drain liquid and drain by one third.
- Add cream, finely chopped spring onions and parsley.
- Bring to the boil, add your mussels back to the pan and pop the lid back on.
- Heat for 2 minutes to reheat, serve & enjoy with homemade wheaten and a glass of iced cider!