Strangford Leek Soup with Roy Lyttle Leeks and Young Buck Blue Cheese Crouton
This recipe is from Fritz Machala from Harrison’s, Greyabbey for the Tesco Taste NI Festival
Preparation Time 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Strangford Leek Soup
- 500 grams Leeks
- 250grams White onion
- 1.2 litre vegetable or chicken Stock
- 125 mls whipping cream
- 30 grams butter
- 30grams plain flour or gluten free flour
- Salt & pepper
- Chives or scallions for garnish
Young Buck Blue Cheese Crouton
- 100grams Young Buck Blue Cheese
- 1 slice of soda bread or plain bread
- Finely slice & wash Leeks, peel and finely slice onions.
- Sauté leeks , onions with butter until golden and soft.
- Add flour and cook out for a minute.
- Add prepared vegetable or chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Correct seasoning with salt & pepper, stir in cream, chives or scallions.
- Spoon warm soup into a bowl and set a bread crouton on top
- Serve immediately.
Young Buck Blue Cheese Crouton InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Cut soda bread into equal squares, toast in oven until golden, place some sliced young buck onto bread and melt the cheese in oven or under a grill.