Spiced Plum Torta with balsamic candied pears and Chestnut Honeycomb cream
This recipe was provided and demonstrated by celebrity chef Paula McIntyre at Festival Lough Erne 2017
Preparation Time 20
Cooking Time 25
Spiced Plum Torta
- 12 Victoria plums, halved and stoned
- 50g castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125ml whole milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 125g soft brown sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 60g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Balsamic Candied pears
- 4 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 200ml white wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 750ml water
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 star anise
Chesnut honeycomb cream
- 1 tablespoon chestnut or floral honey
- 1 tablespoon liquid glucose
- 100g castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Set oven to 180oc.
- Place plums in a dish, cover with sugar and vanilla, cover with parchment and bake until just soft.
- Mix the milk and orange juice together and leave for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the egg and brown sugar together and then add the egg, melted butter, flour, melted butter, milk mixture and spice.
- Spoon into a parchment lined tin and press in the plums.
- Lower oven to 170c and bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Balsamic Candied pears Instructions
- Simmer the wine, cinnamon, water, sugar and star anise until the sugar has dissolved
- Add the pears, cover and simmer gently until just cooked.
- Remove from liquid.
Chesnut honeycomb cream Instructions
- Cook the honey, glucose, sugar and water to an amber liquid.
- Add the soda and turn onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Crumble and fold into whipped cream.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes