Spiced beetroot and barley salad
- 2 medium beetroots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 100 g washed and boiled barley, drained and cooled
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 red onions finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25g grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 100ml clandeboye yoghurt
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes,halved
- Handfull fresh mint and coriander
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil until soft and golden.
- Add the spices and chilli and cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix with the beetroot, lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Fold in the barley and tomatoes.
- Check the seasoning and add the mint and coriander.