Anything that can be baked on a griddle, Mark Douglas does it. From soda farls to potato and apple cakes to fluffy pancakes, customers are wolfing them down as fast as he can make them. None of them need yeast, so all he has to do is mix the ingredients and he’s good to go.
- 250g of Soda Bread flour
- Dash of rapeseed oil
- 200mls of buttermilk
- Add all into a mixing bowl and mix into a sticky dough ball
- Add a little more buttermilk if needed.
- Be careful not to over mix
- Tip it onto a floured surface knead lightly into a dough ball
- Roll out and cut into four pieces
- Bake on a preheated griddle