Smoked Chicken, Pancetta & Leek Fettuccine
We always play about with the combination of smoked chicken, leek and pancetta in Coppi as it is always popular with our customers. This dish has been on the menu in one form or another from the day we opened. At the minute the smoked chicken is in the form of a tortellini with the same sauce. This dish is very simple to cook at home.
For this recipe I suggest using our egg pasta to make your tagliatelle, or failing that, buy a very good quality store bought tagliatelle.
- 600g freshly made semolina fettuccine pasta
- 1 medium shallot finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g pancetta diced into 1 cm cubes
- 100g leeks, washed and sliced thinly
- 200ml white wine
- 300ml single cream
- 200g thinly sliced smoked chicken breast
- 50g finely chopped parsley
- 100g shaved Pecorino
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, making sure the pot is big enough to hold the pasta comfortably.
- Fry the shallot and garlic in a little olive oil, over medium heat, for a few minutes until softened with no colour. Turn the heat up slightly and add the pancetta, fry for 5-6 mins until golden all over. Add the leeks and cook until the leeks have softened.
- Turn the heat to full and add the white wine to the pan, bring to the boil and reduce by 2/3. Add the cream and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, and continue to cook for 4 or 5 minutes or until reduced and thickened and you have achieved a glossy sauce consistency. Toss in the sliced chicken and remove from the heat while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the tagliatelle pasta in the pot of salted boiling water. Drain the pasta and place into the hot sauce. Toss the pasta and sauce together and mix well. Add the parsley, season to taste. Toss together one last time and serve in a large bowl, top with shaved Pecorino accompanied by plenty of fresh bread.