Seasonal Summer Berry Muffins
Recipe from Jenny Bristow using Neill’s Flour this recipe will be demonstrated at the Tesco Taste Festival, Custom House Square on 19th September.
There is nothing to beat the flavour of butter when it comes to baking. A quick recipe when you fancy a sweet treat. These muffins are made by the all in one method adding all the main ingredients to the bowl and beating well.
- 150g/6oz butter
- 150g/6oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs medium size
- 200g/8oz of Neill’s cake making Self-Raising Flour
- 25gms/1oz. Ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g/4oz mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- 25g/1oz Demerara sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Beat together the softened butter, sugar, eggs and flour until soft and creamy (approximately 2-3 minutes). Add the vanilla, baking powder, ground almonds and mix along with half the fruit. Toss lightly.
- Transfer to lined muffin tins and spoon the mixture two-thirds full. Top the muffins/cakes with the remainder of the fruit dusted with Demerara sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 190° Gas No 5 for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold dusted with icing sugar on their own, or with a little yoghurt.