Seared Scallops with Mc Kearney’s Black Pudding & streaky bacon truffles and pea puree
This is a dish from Ciaran Penney, The Ryandale, showcasing local food on the NITB Signature Kitchen in the Food NI Pavilion at The Balmoral Show 2014
Preparation Time None
Cooking Time 10 mins max
- 800 g local scallops
- 400g Mc Kearney's black pudding
- 1200g garden peas
- 8 rashers of Mc Kearney's streaky bacon
- 30g truffle oil
- 100g butter
- 500g double cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Blanch peas in boiling water for 3 to 4 mins,drain then put into blender with butter and cream, blend until smooth.
- Season with splash of truffle oil and squeeze of lemon set aside and keep warm .
- Cook the streaky bacon and sliced black pudding in the oven until crispy.
- Season the scallops and put into hot pan for 2 mins each side, finish with butter and lemon.
- Assemble the dish with the scallops on top.