Seared bream with fennel and piquillo salad
- 4 fillets seabream, scaled and pin boned
- Rapeseed oil and butter for cooking
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Season the fish with salt and place skin side down.
- Seal for 30 seconds, lower the heat and dot in a tablespoon of butter. Baste the fish for a minute and turn over. Cook for a minute and serve.
- Fennel and piquillo purée:
- Heat the tablespoon of oil and add the shallot, garlic and fennel. Season with salt and cover. Cook for 10 minutes on a low heat until soft. Cook on a high heat to colour. Add the piquillos, lemon juice and remaining oil. Blend to a smooth purée.
- Shaved fennel salad:
- Slice the fennel and red onion on a mandoline. Toss in the remaining ingredients and season.