Schiaccata with Comber Earlies, rosemary and garlic
This recipe was demonstrated at the Comber Earlies Potato Festival on Saturday 17th June by Paula McIntyre
Preparation Time 10
Cooking Time 15
- 250g Self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- 150ml lukewarm water
- 2 medium Comber Earlies
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Broighter Gold Rapeseed oil
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well.
- Add the water and oil and mix to a dough.
- Place on a floured surface and flatten into an oval about ½ inch thick.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and set oven to 190oc.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and dry.
- Slice as thinly as you can – preferably with a mandolin and spread all over the top of the dough.
- Mix the rosemary, garlic and oil and spoon all over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes