Potato and Scallion Pancakes with Confit Duck and Grilled Scallion Salad
Paula McIntyre’s recipe from the Comber Potato Festival on Saturday 7th June.
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 2 minutes
Potato and Scallion Pancakes
- 250g mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 100g self raising flour
- 100ml milk
- Good of pinch salt
- 25g melted butter
- 3 chopped scallions
- 4 duck legs, thigh bone removed
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper corns
- Fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
Grilled Scallion Salad
- 1 bunch scallions
- 25g grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 25ml rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Mix the potatoes and scallions with the salt and flour.
- Whisk the milk, butter and egg together.
- Mix together to a smooth batter and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Wipe a pan with oil and place on medium high heat.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- When bubbles appear, flip over and cook for another minute.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Confit Duck Instructions
- Rub the salt into the flesh side of the legs and rub in the remaining ingredients. Leave in the fridge for 4 hours, wash off and pat dry
- Place in a roasting tin, cover with duck fat, cover with foil and cook in a 140oc oven for about 2 hours or until fork tender.
- Cook and remove meat.
Grilled Scallion Salad InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Brush the scallions with oil and cook on a griddle pan to mark and soften. Cut in half and place on a plate.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients and toss into the scallions.
- Top the pancakes with some duck, then the scallion salad and a sprig of coriander to garnish.