This recipe was demonstrated at the Comber Earlies Potato Festival on Saturday 17th June by Paula McIntyre
Preparation Time 20
Cooking Time 20
- 500g large Comber Earlies, peeled
- 200g chopped butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 x 7g sachets yeast
- 1kg strong bread flour
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain 500ml of the cooking liquid into a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes or press through a ricer and add to the hot liquid with the butter, salt and sugar.
- Leave to cool.
- Add the yeast and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix to a dough. Turn onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Leave for an hour and then knock back the dough.
- Divide into 16 pieces and shape the dough into baps.
- Place on 2 lightly floured trays and leave for 20 minutes. Set oven to 200oc.
- Brush the baps with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the bottom of the bap sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes