Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Dill Salad
Paula McIntyre’s recipe from the Comber Potato Festival on Saturday 7th June.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
- 250g mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 100g self raising flour
- 100ml milk
- Good of pinch salt
- 25g melted butter
Cucumber and Dill Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 dessertspoon wholegrain mustard
- 50ml mayonnaise
- Mix the potatoes with the salt and flour.
- Whisk the milk, butter and egg together.
- Mix together to a smooth batter and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Wipe a pan with oil and place on medium high heat.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- When bubbles appear, flip over and cook for another minute.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Cucumber and Dill Salad InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Peel the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Chop finely and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with potato pancakes.