Poached Salmon with Mousseline Sauce (Titanic Replica Dish)
Poached Salmon with Mousseline Sauce (Titanic Replica Dish) garnished with Cucumber and Fresh Dill
- Serves 6
- 7 cups of Bouillon (recipe below)
- 6 salmon filets
- 30 very thin slices of cucumber
- 6 springs of fresh dill
- Mousseline Sauce
- 2/3 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of water
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ tsp each of salt and white pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- ¼ cup of lightly whipped cream
- 7 cups of water
- 1 slice carrot
- 1 chopped small onion
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup of parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups of dry white wine
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- To make bouillon bring water, onion, peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley, carrot, salt and wine to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain
- In a large shallow pot heat the bouillon to just below boiling, gently place salmon into bouillon adding boiled water if necessary to cover fish completely.
- Poach for 7-10 minutes until opaque on the outside and pink on the inside.
- Cut lemons for garnish
- In a bowl toss your slices of cucumber in lemon vinaigrette and Chopped dill
- Prepare the Mousseline sauce, using spoon skim froth from surface of melted butter and discard. Allow butter to cool slightly
- On top of double boiler or heat proof bowl, whisk water and egg yokes together with salt and pepper for 30 seconds or until pale yellow and frothy.
- Over barely simmering water, whisk mixture for 3 minutes until it draws a ribbon for 5 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in warm butter 1 tbsp at a time until sauce begins to thicken.
- Still whisking pour remaining butter into sauce in a slow steady stream.
- Stir in Lemon juice and dill, remove from the heat cool slightly.
- Gently fold in whipped cream, adjust seasoning to tast and keep warm by setting over a pot of ward water.
- Arrange you cucumber in a fan of 5 pieces and place salmon on top.
- Spoon the Mousseline sauce to side of plate garnish with sliced lemon and serve