Oriental Lamb Stirfry
This recipe was showcased by LMC demonstrators Liz Brown and Wenda Bristow at the 2016 Balmoral Show.
Preparation Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- 225g (8 oz) lean Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured lean lamb leg steaks cut into thin strips
- 5 ml (1tsp) sunflower oil
- 1.25cm (½”) root ginger sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 150g (6oz) pre-cooked white flat noodles
- 100g (4oz) sugar snap peas
- 2 heads of pak choi roughly chopped
- Handful of spinach
- 50g (2oz) beansprouts
- 3 radishes finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped basil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 5ml (1tsp) soy sauce
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- In a large hot non-stick wok or saucepan add the oil and fry the lamb leg steaks until browned, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger, soy sauce and garlic and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes. Add the pre cooked noodles, sugar snap peas, pak choi, spinach, the beansprouts, red pepper and radishes and stir fry gently for a couple of minutes. Place in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: Mix together the coriander leaves, chopped basil, red chilli, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce. Drizzle the dressing over the lamb stirfry.