No Bake Carrot Cake Bites
This will be demonstrated by Kim Close at Balmoral Show 2017. This is part of a Healthy Eating/ Cooking for kids demonstration within the NI Food Pavilion.
Preparation Time 10/15
Servings 6/8 depending on size
- 2 ¼ cups porridge oats
- 2 cups of finely grated carrots
- 2/3 cup of ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped soft dates
- Zest and juice of a large orange
- Desiccated coconut (to roll the bites in)
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Put the porridge oats, orange zest & cinnamon in a bowl and stir well.
- Add the dates and combine well (squidging with your hands works well!).
- Add the orange juice 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a firm ‘dough’.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and then roll in the desiccated coconut.
- Store in a container in the fridge (they will also freeze well (you could portion them out into little zip-lock snack bags for a great addition to a packed lunch)