Mash Direct and Cookstown bacon leek pie
This pie was provided by Mollie Cunningham and will be demonstrated at Orangefest 2016.
- 400grams (one packet of Mash Direct’s mash potato)
- 2 tbsp Broughter gold rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- large handful of parsley
- ½ - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100 grams red Leicester cheese
- 1 packet of Cookstown bacon (chopped)
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Pre heat the oven to 190 ℃
- Set Warm the Broughter gold oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and leeks and fry, cover and allow it to cook on a low heat for roughly 8 minutes until softened.
- Add the pancetta and fry for a following 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, paprika and red Leicester cheese
- Spoon the mixture into an oven proof dish followed by Mash Directs mash potato and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the dish.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes