Marinated Local lamb, Leggygowan goat’s curd, smashed peas and artichokes
This recipe was provided by Celebrity Chef Maria Elia and was showcased at Garden Show Ireland 2016
- 400g trimmed lamb fillet
- Pinch dried oregano
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 4 tbsp clear honey
For the Peas and Artichokes
- 150g fresh peas (podded weight)*
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tbsp each of chopped mint and dill
- 5 tbsp olive oil/artichoke oil
- 100g Leggygowan, crumbled
- Little freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small jar of cooked and marinated artichoke hearts in Olive oil
- Handful of pea shoots to garnish
Leggygowan goat’s curd
- 100g Leggygowan goat’s cheese
- 2 tbsp Clandeboye Estate yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of dried mint
- Approximately 4 tbsp artichoke oil
- To make the curd, place the goat’s cheese, lemon juice, mint, yoghurt and oil in a blender and blitz until smooth season with black pepper, refrigerate until required.
- Pre heat a griddle pan,
- Rub lamb with a little oil, sea salt, pepper and oregano.
- Sear lamb over medium heat for four to five minutes on either side, (or cooked to your liking) remove from griddle, drizzle with honey and leave to rest in a warm place.
- Blanch the peas for a minute in boiling salted water, refresh in ice cold water, drain and then crush.
- In batches lightly crush the peas followed by the garlic in a pestle and mortar and transfer to bowl, add the mint and dill, crumbled goat’s cheese, lemon zest, juice and artichoke oil. Season to taste.
- Cut 6 artichokes into ¼’s lengthways and set aside.
- Smear curd over plates, spoon over peas, slice lamb and divide evenly between plates, top with artichoke quarters and sprinkle with pea shoots, serve drizzled with extra virgin olive or infused lemon oil.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes