Limavady Chorizo Soup – Slow Food
Recipe by Chef Brian McDermott who will cooking at Derry City and Strabane District Council’s Slow Food Festival in Guildhall Square on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th October 2016, using Corndale Chorizo. www.derrystrabane.com/food
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 2 Carrots peeled & diced
- 50g Lentils soaked
- Half Red Chilli (optional)
- 2 Potatoes peeled & diced
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 400g Tomatoes chopped
- 200g Limavady Chorizo Sausage
- 2 Litres Chicken Stock
- Drizzle of Broighter Rapeseed Oil
- 50g Local Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Ground
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Fresh Parsley
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- In a saucepan sweat the onions, carrots, garlic and potatoes in the butter and oil for a few minutes without colour. Add the Lentils, fresh thyme, chilli and chopped Chorizo. Then add the cumin & Turmeric.
- Continue to sweat on a low heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes followed by chicken stock and summer for approx 10 minutes.
- Serve with chopped fresh parsley