Italian Cheese Quiche
This recipe was provided by James Street South, Belfast.
Preparation Time 20mins
Cooking Time 45mins
- 250ml double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 75g Burrata (or mozzarella), fine diced
- 35g Parmesan Reggiano, fresh & grated
- 35g Pecorino , fine dice
- Salt and pepper
- 225g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teasp grated Parmesan
- 225g cold unsalted butter, room temperature chopped
- 150ml iced water
- egg for pastry wash
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Make the pastry base by sifting the flour, salt together and adding in the butter (chopped into small cubes) and the grated parmesan.
- Loosely mix together, then add the iced water and pour into mixture and using a metal spoon mix together until combined.
- Place onto grease proof paper and roll out, place in fridge to rest minimum one hour.
- When ready to use peel grease proof paper off one side, turn over onto lightly greased pastry tin and mould into tin. Scrunch up the grease proof paper and place on top of pastry and add cooking beans, place in oven to cook for 15 minutes. Once cooked remove beans and parchment and place back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out wash with egg yolk and place back in oven for 1 minute. Let it cool and trim off excess pastry.
- Beat together the egg yolks, eggs and cream and season, fine dice and great the cheeses and season to taste and pour into the pastry case.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until set and pale golden colour. Serve warm with fresh mixed salad leaves. This is a great quiche to serve cold and on a picnic.