Irish hake with Smoked Bacon & Potato Terrine
This dish is from Anton Campbell of Del Toro, demonstrated at the Tesco Taste NI Festival.
Preparation Time 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time 1hour
Smoked Bacon & Potato Terrine
- 4 large potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2oz smoked back bacon
- Sprig of thyme
- 6oz clarified butter
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 large fillet of hake
- 100g butter
- Pinch of fennel seeds, sprig of thyme
- 2oz tomato ketchup
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Terrine can be prepared in advance and will make dish a lot easier to serve
- Slice bacon into fine strips, layer up sliced potato and bacon in a loaf tin (mould) press down on potato cover with melted butter, season, and cover with tin foil.
- Place in moderate oven for approximately 1 hour until potatoes are cooked.
- Portion hake into 6 oz portion score the skin and season, place in non-stick pan skin down until skin starts to crisp, place in a hot oven for 3 minutes.
- Leave to rest.
Beurre Noisette InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Melt butter until it goes a nut brown colour
- Add fennel seeds, thyme, stir in ketchup and a squeeze of lemon