Grilled Fillet of Beef with Salsa Verde
As it’s B.B.Q. season, feel free to prepare the beef on yours, otherwise, it’s a matter of a quick sealing on the stovetop, and finishing it off in the oven. It’ll taste great either way, especially with this classic Italian style salsa verde.
- 750 g. fillet whole beef fillet, trimmed of fat and sinew.
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Preheat the B.B.Q. according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- If using the oven, preheat to 200oC.
- Season the beef fillet generously with salt and pepper, and rub with the oil. Brown on all sides over high heat, and then move to a slower part of the grill, and cover with foil, or lid. Continue to cook until done to your tastes, about 10 minutes for rare, about 20 - 25 for medium to medium well. Allow the beef to rest in a warm place, but off the grill for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- To prepare the salsa, grind the parsley, capers, anchovies, and garlic in a mortar and pestle, or a food processor. When they are fairly well mixed together, add the mustard, lemon juice, and virgin olive oil. Season with pepper and check for salt.
- For the garnish, heat the olive oil in a large frypan and sauté all the vegetables together until cooked and lightly browned. Season with salt & pepper
- To serve, slice a portion of the beef fillet on each plate, and place a generous dollop of the salsa beside. Serve with the vegetables, and garnish with some rocket leaves, (optional) (Some steamed new potatoes and a green salad would be a nice option as an accompaniment)