Gnocchi with Peter Hannon’s Guanciale & Sage
- 400g Guanciale, diced into lardons
- 1kg prepared Gnocchi
- 12 sage leaves chopped
- Seasoning to taste
- 200g freshly grated parmesan
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Place the Guanciale into a large pan and place the pan over a low heat. Very gently cook the Guanciale over this low heat until a lot of the fat has been rendered from the bacon and it starts to crisp. Strain through a sieve, keeping the fat and set aside.
- Place the fat back into the pan and place over medium heat. Add the gnocchi and cook until golden brown on all sides and heated through, add the sage leaves and the Guanciale to the pan and toss everything together. Season to taste.
- Divide the mixture between 4 plates and sprinkle over the grated cheese. Serve at once