Gnocchi with Baronscourt sausage ragu and black bacon pangrattato
This recipe was provided and demonstrated by celebrity chef Paula McIntyre at Festival Lough Erne 2017
Preparation Time 20
Cooking Time 20
- 2 baker potatoes
- ½ beaten egg
- 100g “oo” flour
- Pinch salt
Baronscourt Venison sausage ragu
- 350g venison sausage cut into pieces
- 1 stick celery diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 200ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 200ml beef stock
- 200ml passata
Black bacon pangrattato
- 4 rashers streaky black bacon
- 75g breadcrumbs
- Handful chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bake the potatoes and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash and then mix in the egg, flour and salt.
- Knead and then roll into a half inch thick round. Cut off strips and roll each strip. Cut bite size pieces and roll down a fork to dent.
- Poach in a simmering water until they float.
Baronscourt Venison sausage ragu Instructions
- Cook the sausages in a tablespoon of the oil to seal off.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, onion, celery and garlic and cook until soft and golden.
- Add the wine and tomato puree, cook out for a minute and add the sausages, passata and stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add gnocchi and some parmesan.
Black bacon pangrattato Instructions
- Cook the bacon gently to render down and go golden and crisp.
- Remove from pan and chop finely.
- Add the oil to the pan with the garlic and crumbs. Cook until golden and add the chopped bacon and parsley. Cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle over the gnocchi.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes