Fresh Saffron Pasta, Strangford Mussels & Crispy Corndale Chorizo
- 220g pasta flour
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
Mussel & Chorizo Sauce
- 24 mussels (cleaned)
- 100g chorizo (diced,cooked until crispy)
- 1 shallot(finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove(grated)
- 100ml white wine
- 1/4 tsp chipotle flakes
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 1 small red chilli (chopped)
- Parsley (finely chopped)
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre of the flour.
- Now crack the eggs into the well of the flour ,now gently whisk the eggs with a fork add the olive oil ,saffron and water.
- start working the the egg mixture and flour into a dough ball carefully.
- now place the dough onto a floured bench and knead for ten minutes.
- Clingfilm the pasta dough and rest in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove pasta from the fridge and place the pasta onto your bench and cut in two,now place through pasta machine forming two thin long sheets.
- Now attach the linguine cutter to the pasta machine and cut pasta sheets into linguine strands .
- Place a pot of salted water onto a boil and cook for 3 minutes and drain well ,add a little oil to the pasta and keep warm.
Mussel & Chorizo Sauce Instructions
- Add olive oil to a pot now add shallot,garlic & chipotle flakes cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Now add the clean mussels and cover to steam over a high heat until all mussels are open(if not all open discard closed mussels)drain half the juice of the mussels and discard juice.
- Add the white wine to the mussels and reduce by half ,add the tomatoes & cook for a few minutes until warm.
- Remove some of the mussels from the shells and leave 10 in the shell for garnish keeping them warm.
- Add the warm pasta to the mussels and mix well with tongs ,finish with chopped parsley .
- Place finished pasta into pasta bowl garnish with crispy chorizo,chopped chilli & lemon zest.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes