Focaccia & Hemp Seed Steak Sandwich using Local Beef with a Crozier Blue Cheese Creme
This recipe is from Joery Castel from The Boathouse, Bangor for the Tesco Taste NI Festival.
Preparation Time 24 Hours
Cooking Time 60 minutes
Hemp Oil Focaccia Bread
- 150g Plain flour
- 10g Fresh yeast
- 175g Water
- 300g pasta flour
- 300g plain flour
- 10g yeast
- 17g salt
- 40g Harnett’s hemp oil
- 175g water (36oc)
- 175g milk (36oc)
- extra Hemp oil for greasing
- 1 tablespoon crushed hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Harnett's Hemp Oil & Blue Cheese Creme
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 80g warm milk 36oc
- 5ml whitewine vinegar
- 50g crozier blue cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
- 50g Harnett’s hemp oil
- 50g grapeseed oil
Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Baguette
- 12 slices roast beef (a good way to use leftover Sunday roast)
- 10 ripe baby tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Harnett's rapeseed oil
- Handful fresh wild rocket
- Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
- Make a sponge by mixing the flour, water and fresh yeast with a whisk, cover with cling wrap and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Disolve the yeast in the water and milk, add to the rest of the ingredients including she sponge and knead for 15 minutes.
- Place in a warm place to proof.
- Once it has doubled in size knock all the air out of it and place in a baking tray that has been brushed generously with hemp oil.
- Brush more hemp oil over the top and sprinkle with hemp seeds (optional).
- Cover with cling wrap and proof again.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200oc.
- Once the dough has doubled in size again remove the cling wrap, and bake in the oven for 50 minutes
Harnett's Hemp Oil & Blue Cheese Creme Instructions
- In a powerful jug blender powder up the pumpkin seeds, add the milk, vinegar and blue cheese and combine at high speed.
- Slowly add the oils in little drips until it resembles mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and reserve in a closed tub, if you won’t use it right away keep it in the fridge for up to four days.
Roast Beef & Blue Cheese Baguette InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 120oc.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and fry quickly in a bit of Harnett’s rapeseed oil.
- Warm the beef up in the oven for five or six minutes.
- Slice the baguettes in half and spread a layer of the hemp and blue cheese crème on each side.
- Place a few wild rocket leaves on the bottom part of the baguette and place a layer the beef on top, finish of with the roasted tomatoes, a few dots of the crème, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and the top half of the baguette.