This recipe is from Paula Mc Intyre, who demonstrated how to create a variety of unusual dishes from common home grown produce and plants at the Garden Gourmet Pavilion at Northern Ireland’s premier gardening event, Garden Show Ireland.
Paula said “It is fantastic to be be involved in this event and promote an area that is so close to my heart. We are surrounded by stunning produce in this country and it is important that we all understand the potential that sits in our own back yards!”
- Green elderberries
- good quality cider vinegar
- When the elderberries are green and hard pick them in clumps and remove the berries with a fork.
- Wash and pat dry on kitchen paper then cover with seasalt so they are submerged.
- Leave for 3 weeks then wash in cold water, pat dry in kitchen paper again and place in sterilized jars.
- Cover with vinegar, seal and store in the fridge.