Eggy Brekkie Bread with Fruit Kebabs
The best thing since sliced bread. An easy to make breakfast, which is sure to impress. The fruit kebabs go down well with kids and ‘big kids’ alike!
With credit to HGCA, Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
Preparation Time 5-6 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 4 slices brioche
- Selection of fruit (e.g. grapes, banana slices, strawberries, apple cubes etc)
- 150ml fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp clear honey
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Beat the egg and milk together and soak the brioche in it.
- Place the bread on a grill pan lined with baking paper and place under a preheated grill, cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- Meanwhile, thread alternative pieces of fruit of your choice onto 2 wooden skewers or 4 cocktail sticks and place on top of the eggy bread.
- Drizzle yogurt with the honey and serve with the eggy bread and fruit kebab.
- Top tip
- Try using a thick slice of white farmhouse bread instead of the brioche.